The Time Lady Returns
Whew! *wipes back of hand across forehead* I’m baa-ack, and I didn’t even have to rip a hole in the universe to do it this time.
Tons’O things be happening ’round here parts lately and, (irritating-pseudo-western-speak aside), here’s what I’ve been up to:
- Going to School–I mean duh. Homework never tires, especially when you’re trying to cram three years of schooling into two.
- Becoming a Radio DJ–As of now, I have completed my training for the on-campus radio station and been assigned a show slot for winter term which begins sometime in January. I don’t have the exact times yet, but as of right now, the N.A.R. (No Apparent Reason) show is tentatively scheduled for Thursday mornings and will hopefully feature video game and movie soundtracks as well as lots and lots of Jonathan Coulton.
- Work–Good old-fashioned paying the bills. There’s nothing quite like it.
- Water Polo–Practices have taken over most of my nights; trying to get back into the swing of things and have fun and stay in shape may be time-consuming, but it’s totally worth it.
- (Attempting) Writing a Novel in a Month–This one, unfortunately, I ended up failing miserably. I got to a pathetic 15,000 words on the first piece I was working on, before surrendering and hammering out 10,000 words on a completely separate project. The resulting slush ended up being closer to two halves of two different novels more than anything else, but it’s still a good platform to resume building on when things calm down.
- Actually Hanging Out With Real Human Beings Once in a While–Crazy, right?
Blog posts got pushed to the bottom of this rather lengthy list of things to do and, as is to be expected, declined majorly in quality. I still feel bad that some days I couldn’t even be bothered to spend ten seconds googling a Spock photo and coming up with a headline for it, so apologies all around.
To make it up to you, this December I’ll be on the hunt for amazing things to post and/or write about. So brace yourselves. . .
Winter is coming.
Dang nab it.
Posted on December 1, 2012, in Uncategorized and tagged December, even if it is the most overused reference, Jonathan Coulton, Radio, water polo, work, you know I can't resist a Game of Thrones reference. Bookmark the permalink. Comments Off on The Time Lady Returns.